Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Aww – He Cares About Me!

Not that I doubt any of the boys care but I’m always so touched when they show it. I guess it’s a part of that “I hope they like me” thought I’ve always had since the first day I met them a little over two years ago.

I’m 26 weeks pregnant today and I’m just growing and growing. I can no longer pull off squeezing into over-sized jeans and my regular shirts. I’ve, for the most part, replaced all of my every day wear with maternity clothes. Except for my sleepwear because my pj pants can still stretch enough and sit under my stomach, and I’m in the market for some new tank sleep tops.

It was this past weekend and the five of us were finishing up a tasty breakfast. I had on pj pants and a tank top and my stomach was sticking far out. Younger Boy came up to me with a look of concern on his face. He scratched his head and asked:

YR: What is happening with your tummy?
Me: That is where the baby is growing.
YR: Oh. My baby is growing too.

Awww! I felt so special that he was concerned for me. His baby, of course, is the imaginary baby that is currently growing in his stomach. He has told me on numerous occasions that he is feeding his baby because he knows I have to feed my baby.

Since he’s still at home with me for the most part until his Pre-K camp starts he’s been very helpful. He helps feed Nasty Cat lunch and dinner, he helps me pick up things that I’ve dropped and just am not about to crawl under a table to retrieve, and just this afternoon he helped me tuck the tag of my shirt in.

Isn’t he just precious? You know, when he’s not busy bossing his brothers around.

5 comments:

Marie said...

Very sweet. I bet he's going to make a great big brother.

LuckyNo27 said...

What on earth are you going to do when he is at school and you're too big to get off the couch?

dearjenn said...

Those are the little moments we all live for. :)

Vanessa said...

How cute! Jonas has an imaginary baby in his tummy too! :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful when a stepkid lets their guard down and shows they care? Just the other night my stepson, who is gone for a couple of weeks, initiated a chat session with me on Facebook. Made my night!