Tuesday, March 22, 2011

To Mom

Younger Boy came home from school yesterday and pulled out the papers from his backpack. One of them was this gem.


I didn’t ask him about it. Usually when he brings home art he tells me that it’s for Grandma Jolie or his Aunt Raquel. He’s yet to bring something home he’s made for Jane. So when I saw the “To: Mom” I just really didn’t want to feel the shaft.

Later that evening I was in the kitchen getting dinner ready. I hear FH ask Younger Boy:

FH: Who is that for?
YB: Crys

I can’t even begin to describe the bolt of joy and happiness that went through my body. I felt loved and very special. And I kind of chuckled because Younger Boy used a “DUH” inflection in his voice. It always cracks me up when he answers with that inflection that “We obviously should have known” the answer already.

3 comments:

LuckyNo27 said...

Aww Crys! That made me tear up!

LuckyNo27 said...

Crys,

Just wanted to say, in case I haven't before, that I love reading your blog. I appreciate that you always leave positive comments on mine and I appreciate our blogship :)

Amie

dragonflymama said...

AWWWWWW!