Monday, March 21, 2011

Our Family By Younger Boy

I had to share this fabulous family photo that Younger Boy drew. When I first saw it I was little nervous of who was in the photo. In other words, I was worried that the other “30” in the photo was of Jane and not of me.

So I asked Younger Boy to tell me about his photo.

Me: So tell me about this photo you drew.
YB: Ummm
Me: Are you the king of the mountain?
YB: Ha ha! Yeah!
Me: Who else is there?
YB: (top to bottom of hill) That is Middle Boy, Older Boy, You, Daddy and Baby JC.

There are two things that cracked me up about this photo.

1. He identified us by age. Middle Boy and Younger Boy are absolutely fascinated by age. You’ll often hear them say things like “When I’m 10 I can do this….” or “When Older Boy is 16 I’ll be….” I usually follow it up with something like “Can you be 5 for now though?”

They also like to occasionally remind us how old we adults are…Which is still crazy in my mind. I’m still trying to wrap my belief around the fact that I’m married and have children…I just don’t have the time to consider that I’m also now 30!

2. In his photo I’m the tallest between FH and I. Considering I’m half Filipino I’m a whopping 5’1”!! I can thank the German and Native America genes I guess for helping to push me past the 5’ marker. FH is always small in the couple of drawings that Younger Boy has created. He wants to know why but I try to remind him that at least he was thought of. Back in the preschool days Older Boy had made a family drawing and forgotten all about FH. Needless to say my dear husband was a bit traumatized by is.

I love this photo though. The only family member he forgot to include, and I say that because he usually does include him, is Nasty Cat. But I don’t think that Nasty Cat will get too upset over it.

6 comments:

Amy J. said...

There must be something to the "age" thing. My daughter is 6 and in EVERY picture she draws, she has to write our age right beside/above us. EVERY time. I love his pic!

Anonymous said...

Hope you hung it up somewhere prominent!

Anonymous said...

Hope you hung it up somewhere prominent!

The Step In Mom. . . said...

Well at least he didn't say you were 100! When SS was about 5 and still trying to grasp the concept of age he use to think I was 100, because I was "old"... And I was only 19!!

LuckyNo27 said...

I really love that :)

dragonflymama said...

Love it!!