Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Out Sick and A Scary Experience

Hi everyone. I have been out sick all week. I assume it has something to do with the kids being sick, and the kids spending extra time over in the nasty house and bringing germs home. Being around tons of people for the holidays and getting worn out going all over the place for the holidays.

It’s definitely the flu. And it sucks. FH used a sick day yesterday to help take care of me. Today he had to go back to work, and I’m on the mend but not totally better. Keep your fingers crossed that the boys remember I’m sick and are nice to me today because all three of them are still here on winter break from school.

I have one new experience to share though from this week. It was terrifying.

On Sunday FH dropped off Older Boy and Younger Boy for Jane. Middle Boy was sick so he stayed home. FH also had Jane sign the latest visiting schedule which stated that he would be picking the boys up the next day, Monday, at 8pm at Jolie’s (her mom).

Well, Monday night came and FH left for Jolie’s. Around 8:40pm he called me because Jane wasn’t there. Jane wasn’t answering her cell phone and her boyfriend’s phone was turned off. Both Jolie and Jane’s aunt tried calling her also and both were unable to get through. I tried calling Jane’s sister and she hadn’t heard anything from her either.

Jolie offered FH to call him if Jane came by later or if she dropped them off in the morning. I’m not sure what either of you would have done but I was on the edge of freak out. I told FH that I would prefer that he drive to Jane’s house just to make sure.

In my mind I had three options going on:
1. She’d skipped town with the kids.
2. She hit her head and was lying unconscious on the ground of her home.
3. She had forgotten, and she wasn’t answering because she has this habit of losing her phone.

FH called me about a half hour later to report that the latter was correct. Jane had forgotten she was supposed to drop them off and had apparently left her phone in a location that she could not hear it ringing.

I don’t think I need to mention how pissed FH was. He was good though and didn’t freak out in front of the boys. But we did make a note of the incident in her binder where we keep all of the notes and signed calendars.

It was oh so very scary not knowing where the boys were. But I’m glad that it turned out OK in the end. Here’s to hoping we don’t have to experience that again, and that none of you have to experience it.

9 comments:

The Step In Mom. . . said...

While that is a scary experience, do you really think she would have skipped town with the boys? She can barely stand to keep them for a day at a time :-).

She is the shining image of Miss Responsibility every day.... NOT.

I hope you feel better, and I am glad the boys are ok.

dragonflymama said...

Oh I hope you are feeling better!
That does sound like a scary experience. It sucks to not trust the adult that your kids are with. Not knowing if she might just skip town. Yeck.

I guess for once you can say hey, at least it's just her usual lack of concern for all the others involved and not a sinister plot. Not very comforting, but good to notice.

Amy said...

That's so scary! She's lucky that you didn't have the police show up with FH to pick up the boys since she was in violation of the agreement.

Glad everything worked out ok!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if she conveniently forgot on purpose. I'm glad you got the boys back safe and sound. Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I, also, wonder if she "forgot" on purpose. At least the boys are okay. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I am also sick, and NOT liking it!

And, it sounds like you ARE making process (referring to previous post). Good job on not reacting negatively!

Anonymous said...

Zoiks. I'm so sorry you had to experience that and hope you get better soon.

Minnie said...

I can't even imagine how scared you were.
My heart lept just reading this.
I hope you feel better soon.

Rachael said...

What a scary incident. I'm glad everything turned out ok. I hope you are feeling better soon... esp. for your bday!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that scary experience. I would have been completely freaked out, too! I hope you're feeling better soon!