Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Younger Boy Gets the Last Word

Ever since I’ve found myself spending about 24/7 with Younger Boy I find myself in the strangest arguments. And by the time I’ve realized I’m in the middle of a ridiculous squabble with a pre-schooler he has already put in the last word and won.

YB: What do birds say?
Crys: They say Squawk!
YB: No they don’t!
Crys: Yes they do!
YB: No they don’t! Penguins say Squawk. Birds say Tweet.
Crys: Well, birds can say Squawk too.
YB: Oh.
Crys: Yup
YB: Well, whales make music in the ocean. [Play that one in a Toddler voice Matter-of-fact tone]

I guess that was him having the last word on that because quite honestly, how do you follow up to that?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm. You can't.

Face it, he's had the FINAL last word.

Anonymous said...

urgh we've had those sort of conversations but are now at the 'but why?' phase where even the most mundane tasks require an explanation as to why.

Amy said...

that is so very cute!

Anonymous said...

so cute...

You could try speaking "in whale" like Dory from Finding Nemo :)

Minnie said...

I love it. The questions never stop, the subject just changes.

Nothing like a pre-schooler to remind us of how far we haven't come since we were that age.

The Step In Mom. . . said...

He told you! It is cute to see how kids brains work, and some of the crazy things they come up with.

Anonymous said...

And the whale music is really quite pretty, dontcha know?