Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Please Pass The Clorox

It’s started. Younger Boy has been inspired to potty like a big boy. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth when I noticed a large puddle on top of Younger Boy’s stool. There also happened to be some liquid spattering the edge of the toilet seat and running down the front contributing to another puddle forming at the bottom of the toilet.

Start Scrubbing” came to mind. And all the comments from the post swirled around my head. I could literally see them typed out in front of me. And then I giggled. And then I sighed. And then I grabbed the bottle of Clorox Anywhere and some paper towels and cleaned it up.

I felt dread and happiness at the same time. Happiness that the boy felt compelled to take the steps himself to go potty like Daddy and his older brothers. Dread as I realized I am on my last roll of paper towels and should, most likely today, get my butt over to the store to buy some more and possibly a new bottle of Clorox Anywhere also. I’ve considered putting a puppy pad at the front of the toilet too. We have them because my cat likes to stand up while peeing and it’s helped a great deal in cleaning up around the litter box. Why not Younger Boy’s potty training also?

After cleaning the lovely puddle up I again expressed to my fiancé:

Me: I think it would be great if you, and possibly the older boys, would take Younger Boy into the bathroom with you when you have to pee. I have no problem working on aim with him, but I don’t have the part to show him how to properly lift up both lids and to aim. I just don’t know how it’s done.

I often talk with my hands, so you’ll have to re-read that and imagine the hand movements of lifting up both lids and handling the parts to properly aim inside the bowl. And I stick strongly by my visual learning bit. If he sees them doing it I'm convinced he'll want to do it like them too.

I've now entertained the idea of keeping the bottle in the bathroom, along with a roll of paper towels, and possibly a bowl of circular shaped cereal for aim practice. (It would have to be Apple Jacks because we're now out of Fruit Loops. Hrm ... green and orange speckled with green loops. "Aim at the Green Loop" is much easier to say. Maybe I can just pick those ones out.)

I just had to share as I know most of you have been there and will probably enjoy my experience, and to let you know that without your comments I probably would not find this as amusing as I do. Because I actually did laugh when I saw that puddle before I sighed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe. told ya so ;)

Crys said...

I said that to myself too. Ha ha!!

Yo said...

i would totally give you some kind of advice on potty training boys, but i've never done it.

but i will say

your CAT STANDS UP TO PEEEEE???? video, pictures, please.

Crys said...

It's more he stands up while peeing. He squats and then as he's peeing he starts to stand up on all four legs. It drives me up the wall! I couldn't figure out how he was managing to get pee on the walls until I saw him do it one day.

Minnie said...

I'm with Just Me.

I keep the supplies to clean my boy's bathroom under his sink.

*Marie* said...

Haven't been there yet, but I am SO looking forward to having boys. Selo and I both want boys. And I laughed my butt off reading this one. Thanks for sharing. (Hand motions and all!)

*Marie* said...

Oh and the cat thing? My Nobi does the same thing. I actually got peed on once, because we have the litter box in the bathroom cabinet under the sink (out of sight was the goal there) and I didn't realize the distance she got. That was enlightening, lemme tell ya.