Monday, July 19, 2010

It Was Just A Thought

I’ve discovered that the bigger this baby grows the harder of a time I have doing rather normal things like bending over, getting up from the couch and painting my toe nails. Considering my feet are swollen half the time and I’m now in flip flops and barefoot a good majority of the time nice looking toe nails have been my latest obsession.

In my past life when I was a single, career-girl with a cat I used to frequent a nearby nail salon. I didn’t even care if I couldn’t understand the women who seemed to talk more to each other while doing our nails than to us. However, after I became an instant mother, who shares her paycheck to provide for her new family and a cat my trips to get my nails done have become almost non-existent. In fact, the last time I did have a manicure/pedicure was when I flew out to Michigan for a friend’s wedding last September. It was by far the best manicure/pedicure ever.

Recently I attempted to paint my toe nails. I was successful in getting color on them, but not very successful in getting that fabulous polished look. I looked at FH and for a moment considered asking if he would help me. However, I dare not tread on his masculinity by asking that of him. I’m still trying to convince him that it would be a nice gesture to come home from work with a frozen yogurt topped with fruit in hand (it’s my one craving.) That has yet to happen, but I still have a couple of weeks left.

I later informed him of the idea that I ought to teach Middle Boy or Younger Boy how to paint my toe nails. I received a really fabulous look at that thought. But I didn’t really get an objection. The Pro is that someone else could help me paint my nails … for free. The Con is that it would probably look about as good as if I had tried it myself … or worse.

Maybe I’ll just try to save up for a trip to the salon. But it’s not a completely bad idea. Right?

3 comments:

LuckyNo27 said...

Soon you won't even BE ABLE to see your feet!

The Step In Mom. . . said...

There is nothing wrong with giving yourself a little treat! It isn't like you are getting a pedi every week! I haven't had one in ages.

My girlfriend has had 2 babies, and each time right before she is due, she goes out and gets a new hair cut (something short and easy to manage) and some pampering time, because she knows she won't get it once the baby comes!

dearjenn said...

Have you already had your baby shower yet? Because if not, it would be good to drop a few hints that you could really use a mommy gift. :) Actually, the girls that worked for me pitched in and bought me a gift card to a local salon when I was pregnant with my first and I am not kidding when I say I savored that pedicure for every single minute of it.