Thursday, July 22, 2010

Where Legos DO NOT Go

Younger Boy learned a fun lesson yesterday. He and Middle Boy were playing in their room yesterday when I heard Younger Boy shrieking “Get it Oooout!!” I heard Middle Boy trying to calm him down and offer to help pull it out. Then I heard Younger Boy shrieking “It’s stuck in my nose!”

At this point I thought I’d give them a couple of more minutes of problem solving. I also started mentally going through my mind of where the tweezers were at.

After about another moment of Younger Boy shrieking “It’s stuck in my nose! It won’t come out!” I finally decided to walk over. As soon as he saw my shadow in the hallway he came running out. And in his left nostril was a white, round cylinder lego. Keep in mind that Younger Boy is 4 (almost 5) and still has those small little nostrils. Just the perfect fit apparently.

Now, I had to try really hard not to laugh because it was just too funny.

Crys: How did a lego get stuck in your nose?
YB: It’s stuck! It won’t come out! It’s stuck forever!!

This is the moment when I see that by crying his snot was slowly dislodging the lego. I assessed that it was not an emergency and I quickly went digging in my purse to find my camera. This is probably one of those moments when my younger sister would yell at me for looking for my camera. I did the same thing to her after she got locked out of the house and in her drunken state was taken down by a bush. It was worth the moment. I promise.

Anyway, I found my camera and snapped a photo just as the lego piece fell out of his nostril. It’s classic.

As soon as it popped out onto the floor this look of relief and amazement washed over his face. And he looked at me.

Crys: So Younger Boy, do legos go in your nose?
YB: No.

P.S. If you have WordPress then you might have noticed some comments from someone named "OfCatsAndKids." That's me. I kept forgetting to log out of there. So just an FYI to all of you who may be confused as to who this new person is and why they say stuff about what is going on in my blog.

5 comments:

LuckyNo27 said...

OMG can you PUH-LEASE post that photo? Even if you crop it, for the sake of privacy, down to just his little nose, that is SO classic little-boy stuff.

In high school my husband (then boyfriend) once stuck a dime up his nose--yeah, not exactly on the Bill and Amie highlight reel--and when I said "Bill, what did I tell you about putting foreign objects up your nose?" he replied, "But... but it's an American dime!"

dragonflymama said...

That's great! I would have been going for the camera too. You've GOT to record these magic moments:)

Minnie said...

Well shoot, now you HAVE to show us the picture.

I have such a visual!

And I agree, I usually run for the camera myself.

Anonymous said...

Anyone worth their salt would have run for the camera! Lol! Please post the pic!

And nice to know who your alter ego is in blogland. I was wondering who this new person was that had visited my blog. ;-)

Smirking Cat said...

I'd like to see the picture too :) Definitely save that. To show his first date!