Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 2009 Wrap Up

I thought I’d give you some updates on things that I’ve mentioned in past blog entries.

Re: She Left Him Out AgainThe issue of Jane wanting the two older boys to spend quality time with and not Younger Boy.

So Jane has two weekends planned with the two older boys. We suggested the three weekends to let her know that we did have at least three weekends available in case she had changed her mind about Younger Boy. As predicted, she in fact hadn’t thought her original request through. She didn’t know if she could get that much time off. Luckily for her, I did the thinking and planning for her. She even decided that our suggested weekends would work out best. And she informed us that her man will be watching the boy over the weekend.

The only issue I have with this is that I honestly don’t see her spending any quality time with the child that is over on the Saturday and Sunday. She works at Noon both days and has demonstrated on numerous occasions that she enjoys staying up late the night before playing online computer games and enjoys sleeping in to the point that she doesn’t send the boys off with a goodbye or anything when we’ve picked them up. I do hope that her man takes this time though to possibly take the effort to get to know the boys since he’s going to have at least a day and a morning with each of them.

My main hope for these weekends is that she’ll take some time to spend with the two older boys and not spend it on her computer the entire time.

Re: Turning On Light SwitchesMy latest health issue of having dirty corneas.

So as of my last visit in to the optometrist my eyes have not cleared up. In fact they seem to have gotten worse. My vision has cleared up a lot but the condition of my corneas has not. I had to throw out all the drops I had and get preservative-free eye drops. That was a pain. I’m really hoping thought that this works because I’m not excited about getting any of the procedures that they explained to me done to my eyes.

Plugs in parts of my eye functions or surgery just don’t appeal to me nor does it appeal to my pocket book. So please send some good thoughts my way for my eyes to naturally clear up. And I’ll try my best to remember to put drops in my eyes every hour. Not the easiest thing to remember … especially when I’m busy working on a big project or out and about.

Re: Give Me That TragedyMy wedding planning.

Well, I’ve done it. I’ve found THE DRESS. I didn’t think I’d find it. Especially with all the bling and lace on the wedding dresses I saw. And I’ll tell you what; I was just not impressed with the 20 lb dress the lady had me literally dive into to try on. Twenty pounds of fabric just isn’t ideal to dance in, much less carry around for at least 5 hours for a wedding ceremony and reception. My ankles just aren’t built for that. He he. And of course, I have a sneak peek for you all because I have much love.

Imagine this dress in Ivory (Because White just isn’t my thing. I blame sorority for that.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess caring about 2/3 of the boys is being 66% of a mom ;)

Fingers crossed for your eyeballs!

Love the dress! And we had to wear whites too! Makes you like the color even less!

dearjenn said...

I'll bet your dress will be beautiful and your wedding day will be absolutely amazing.

Minnie said...

I still cannot even get my mind around her thinking with the little one.

I was just thinking the other day that you hadn't updated on your vision.

Can't wait to hear/see more wedding planning.

Rachael said...

The dress is beautiful!

I hope your eyes are working better soon.

:)

*Marie* said...

Ohhh pretty pretty dress!

Good luck with your eyes. Mine are really bad, too. Only there's nothing that can be done to fix them. I hope you eyes clear up soon.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finding your wedding dress! (I can’t believe you dared to share so early – don’t share the front – I want to enjoy the element of suspense!)

I don’t think anyone really wears white anymore; ivory tends to be much more flattering on just about everyone.

As for your eyes – remember to be persistent with your doctors! Keep following up with them until you get the issue resolved to your satisfaction. You can never be to pushy about your health.

dragonflymama said...

OOOOhhh, Love the back of the dress- and, since I'm still getting to know you... I didn't know you were getting married!! When? OOOOOhhh!

Sending you good eye vibes.

And, BM... what a loser. Still can't believe she would rather play computer games than be with her children. Weird.