Thursday, February 12, 2009

Something Lighthearted and Fun

I apologize for being totally MIA lately. All I can say is that it’s been a really rough and super busy project-filled week (starting last week all the way up through this week). Before I dive into that though (While I collect my true thoughts and feelings before purging them upon all of you) I thought I would do this great, fun blog meme that Just Me :) tagged me in.

I’ve done it before, but really, I love this one…probably because it’s (hopefully) not the same book/answer each time.

Here are the rules of the tag:

1. Grab the nearest book.

2. Open to page 56.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the text of the next 2 to 5 sentences, along with these rules.

5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual book. Pick the CLOSEST!

6. Tag others to do the same!

My Book: Superfudge by Judy Blume

The following lines:

"Oh yes, that's the best," Alex said. "Nice soft bread with little worms here and there...."
"You can make a really tasty worm and cheese sandwich on it," I said. We were doubled over now laughing out heads off.
"And worm ice cream." Fudge said, jumping on top of us.
"Worm ice cream," Alex and I said together.
I decided that with Alex Santo in my class, Princeton might not be too bad.

Seriously, I smiled and about cried. Reading the lines made me really thankful for my best friend and my fiancé. I have so many inside jokes and things that we can joke about with them. Even when times get tough all that needs to be done is the mention of one of them and we start giggling. That of course made me really miss my friends (Like you LL! I’m in need of a sushi and saki fix!) Oh, how I could really use some time away from children and work.

I also can’t begin to tell you how many times in a day I’ll hit a rut and then think of some story or liner from one of you ladies that puts an instant smile on my face. So thank you all (sorry to be seriously mushy – but its really been rough!) for being my friend and in my blog. I seriously have been catching up on past blog entries I’ve missed out on and can’t believe I allowed myself to get so busy that I couldn’t just log in and read.

So in like-fashion, I’d like to tag the following ladies:

LL
Rachael

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having the inside jokes with your fiancee is important. That is what makes a relationship interesting and fun. Make sure you continue to nurture that relationship.

And realize that it is totally normal to need a break from kids...especially when they aren't your biological kids and the bond is different.

Smirking Cat said...

Ooops! I was tagged for that too and forgot all about it. Thanks for reminding me!

I love the inside jokes I have with Gary, even parts of songs we'll start to sing and crack up and of course no one else knows what is so funny. Keeping a sense of humor is going to be a lifesaver!