Wednesday, October 13, 2010

She’s Finally Here!!

“It is the nature of babies to be in bliss.” -Deepak Chopra

I wanted to stop in and update everyone. The fabulous news is that there is a stinkin’ cute baby girl in my home.

I had a 20 hour long labor with only 2 1/2 hours of pushing. It was definitely a full day effort. If you look at the day I started with regular contractions though it was about 40 hours of labor. Baby J.C. was born at 8:28pm on October 7, 2010, at 8 lbs 5 oz 21 inches long.

It wasn’t a fun labor (not that I expected it to be.) I had a 102.7 fever and unfortunately so did the baby. She was in the NICU for the first 2 or so days, and I was visiting her every two or so hours to feed her and spend some time with her. We both were on watch because we had to have our temperatures stabilized and normal for a 24 hour period and we had series of antibiotics. She was finally able to stay with me in my room on Saturday night and we finally came home Sunday afternoon.

I’ve been slowly recovering and trying to get some strength back. J.C. is doing good though. F.H. and I make a really good team when it comes to taking care of her and sharing responsibilities. Luckily he was able to take the week off so that he can help out around the house and we have bonding time with her.

The boys are absolutely in love with her. They look at her with such wonder. They haven’t been able to do a lot with her considering she’s a baby but we’re trying to think of ways that they can be more involved in her care. The most precious thing though is watching them all give her a kiss good night before they head on up to bed. Especially Younger Boy whose face absolutely lights up and glows whenever he gets to see her or talk about her.

I’ll hope to be back sooner than later. It kind of all depends on having the energy and moment to spare. I hope that everyone is doing well!

Baby J.C. a couple minutes old.

J.C. all snuggled up and sleeping.

15 comments:

perdido said...

Oh she is sooooooooo beautiful!!! I'm glad everything went well - though not great - but better than some definitely! Glad the boys are excited too. Now you have a lil girl too sounds like you have the best of both worlds!!! Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

WOOOHOOOO! When i got the email that you had commented on my last post i was hoping that meant there was a baby update on your blog! Congrats and i'm glad everyone is healthy now and happy! Enjoy it :)

Amy said...

Congrats! The baby is absolutely adorable!

The Step In Mom. . . said...

She is so cute! I am sorry to hear you both had a fever, but I am glad that you are doing good and are now home.

You could always get the boys involved by picking out some of her outfits, lol.

Congrats!

LuckyNo27 said...

Beautiful! Amazing! Brings tears to my eyes just to see snapshots!

BIG CONGRATS to you!!!

P.S. October babies ARE the cutest. It's a fact.

D said...

Congrats! So glad that you are home and getting into a routine. She's beautiful!!

Dana Thompson said...

Oh My! I can't believe I missed this!!!! I kept checking your blog to see if she had come, but I guess my timing was off. Congratulations! She is so adorable! I know you're happy to have baby girl in your arms and no longer in your tummy! Enjoy!!!

Stepmomma Love said...

Congrats!!! She is gorgeous!! Glad you both are doing good now.

dearjenn said...

She's beautiful Crys and I'm so glad to hear that mommy and baby are home and doing well!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all - I hope that you and bubby are coming out the other side of what sounds like a tough birth experience.

She's really beautiful!

Pam said...

Aww! Congrats & welcome to the new little one!

dragonflymama said...

Yah! I am so glad you are home, and healthy and well. I'm thinking of you and sending lots of strong brave happy mommy love your way. Thanks for the pic too- she's beautiful.

Unknown said...

Hello beautiful! Welcome to the world. :^)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! Congrats!