Monday, August 2, 2010

To Hope or Not Hope August Is Speedy

Dear August,

I’m rather torn about you. On one hand I would love if you went by slowly. You see, this week all three boys are at home. And it’s only Monday and I’m already going nuts.

But then next week all three boys will be off to Oregon and Southern California. And then the week after that we may or may not only have Younger Boy at home. (You know, if Jane actually gets her shit together and asks for the week off like she was supposed to do a month or two ago when we first decided on dates.) And then the week after that school starts!

Yet, I’m really miserable in the department of baby creating right now. I’ll be at 32 weeks sooner than later and am apparently the size of a hippo. People keep asking me if I’m sure I’m not having twins and last night was the first night that sleep just wasn’t happening. I don’t know if I’m up for a month and a half more of sleepless nights like this. Or perhaps this will actually be the last month of normal sleep I have before the little blossom arrives.

We’re also in the middle of moving…Which I am not a fan of … especially because I can’t do anything. But it is a bigger apartment and not only will Older Boy finally have his own room but I will once again have a washer and dryer in the unit.

So you see, I would love more than anything if you went by as quickly as July did, but at the same time something tells me that I really ought to cherish your presence. So please don’t be offended if one minute I hate you and the next I love you. If you need to point blame you can point it at the crazy preggo hormones.

Thank you for hearing me out.

Kind Regards,
Crys

5 comments:

perdido said...

I remember how miserable I was! I feel for ya girl!!! it sucks LOL it is amazing how many people I have read lately that are pregnant and moving at the same time just like I did and I kept thinking who in their right mind moves while pregnant LOL

can't wait to see the little one!

Anonymous said...

Aw, just embrace the crazy. It'll all be over before you know it!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, it will be so worth it!

Smirking Cat said...

I hope this is a great month for you! Moving is awful all by itself without being pregnant too, so much sympathy there.

Minnie said...

Hang in there sweetie.