Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Vacation Chaos Highlights

Catching up is not fun, especially when things start breaking (like my computer adapters, my cell phone, my regular in house phone is fading also and is making meetings a pain). Plus the kids are all home from school for another week of spring break! (I wish I had two weeks off for spring break when I was a kid!) I’m at that moment where I just want to scream and pull my hair out.

Vacation was a good time. I got to spend time with some family and friends and had fun at Disneyland. It however, felt more like a business trip then a vacation. So in order to try and relax a bit I’m going to take some time to laugh at some of those crazy vacation moments.

The Almost Rice Beer
We had dinner with some of my dear friends out at a Japanese Restaurant. I was on the phone with another friend making plans for Saturday night when I saw a tiny hand snake across my vision, with some sticky rice grasped in the fingers, straight toward my delicious pint of Kirin beer.

Me:*mid conversation* Yeah Saturday would – Did you just put rice in my delicious glass of beer?!?
YB:*stares at me innocently*
Me: Do NOT put food in other people’s drinks…especially if it’s my glass of beer. I do not like it when you try to put rice in my beer. OK?
YB:*sniff* OK
Friend on phone: Wow, that most definitely a grown up voice I heard.
Me: That kid just tried to put rice in my beer.

Don’t Order The Macaroni
In the Pirates of the Caribbean ride there is a really relaxing, calming part that is supposed to mimic a “down by the river” sort of feel. There is also a restaurant attached to that part. That’s how they get you, because that place is Expensive! I’m talking $27-$33 an adult entrée here. Anyway, since it was Older Boy’s birthday and my fiancé really wanted to go we decided to make it a “one time ever” deal that we go to eat there. (They were also lucky that it was my pay day so we could afford the $101 bill.)

The kid menu had salmon, macaroni and cheese and ribeye. Older Boy wanted salmon (it’s his favorite so he lucked out there) and the other two boys got the macaroni and cheese. Well Younger Boy was chowing down on this dish. He had a couple of bites left when I decided I had to snag a tiny taste. I put that giant noodle in my mouth smothered in sauce…and it tasted like I had just put a cube of butter in my mouth.

Me:*to FH* He’s going to be pooping that out later tonight.
FH: Oh yeah?
Me: It tastes like I just ate butter.

And oh boy, did it come out later that night. It came out of both ends. I felt like I was up to my elbows in poop and puke. Unluckily we were at a restaurant when it happened. Luckily it was the restaurant that both my sister worked at (and I used to work at). The poop made it safely into the toilet.

YB: I have to go poop
Me: Here we go!

***about three minutes after returning to the table after he’s done and washed up***

YB: I have to go poop
Me: You just went!
YB: I fart!!! *Pffffft*
Me: OK, let’s go! Hurry! *springing into action*

We came back and eventually have the rest of his cheese pizza in a box when it happened … Younger Boy erupted macaroni and cheese buttery vomit all over the table. He erupted about three times. Luckily my cousin was there to help me (she’s a mom) clean it all up. Luckily my sister was on shift and her roommate was our server so they sprung into action as well to help provide wet naps, napkins and wet towels. Unluckily for Younger Boy he had managed to get puke on every single article of clothing he had on (including the insides of his shoes). So we had to strip him down naked. My sister brought out one of the shirts that they keep on hand for servers to wear after work so they can have a drink (the place is a brewery/restaurant).

So there we were, visiting some more when I look over and notice that Younger Boy had lifted the bottom of the shirt and had his package on display for everyone to see. (I totally used to do that when I was younger, and it's my parents own fault for putting me in cute ruffle panties I thought everyone should see. I guess maybe Younger Boy got a thrill from the draft he was getting down there.)

Me: Put that down. No one wants to see that!
YB: Ha ha ha ha ha
My Cousin: You’re silly. You don’t need to show off your business to everyone.
YB: Ye-ahhhh!

He then made well with the situation and decided that he was a turtle. He, at least, had a good time.

We did manage to have a lot of fun Sunday morning before we left. We did our engagement photo shoot/family pictures photo shoot out at Laguna Beach. It was overcast and the tide was a bit high so we got some great wave action. I’m really excited to see the proofs when they come in.

The kids really loved running from the waves, and even when they all got knocked down at some point into the water they still ran around having a great time. I totally snagged some photos of that.

All in all, we had a good time. And now, even though my means of communication are all currently a pain, it’s kind of nice to be back in the chaos of everyday life. At least I'm a little more in the know of what to expect.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you guys had a great time...all things considering!

Patiently waiting said...

Wow, it sounds like you are handling the whole stepmom gig well. I can't stand puke and it looks like you've had your fair share of it lately!

Anonymous said...

If I'd had to deal with as much puke as you've had to lately I think I would have gone insane.

I hope your pics all turn out...

Mrs M said...

Crys - Welcome back honey! Sounds like you had an interesting time and managed to survive it (was the wine as good as the beer?).

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like I missed some magical moments! How did the photo shoot go?

*Marie* said...

So glad you had a good time. You totally deserve it! (Isn't the puking part over yet though? I mean, really.)