Friday, April 3, 2009

The Frustrating Good News

Can I just say that I don’t like going to hospitals for anything that isn’t related to the OBGYN? (Not that I enjoy my annual scraping, but I’ve had better experiences (good or bad) with the OBGYN staff.) Unless I’m in the emergency room, whenever I make an appointment for something that is real and happening I find out/get told that I’m fine.

With that said, if you remember this, then you know that I’ve been waiting a good two weeks for my lab test results to come back in to tell me why I’ve been getting/feeling so sick and horrible lately. The test results came back with one line from my doctor:

“Good News – Your lab results are within normal limits.”

That really wasn’t good news to me. If my lab results are fine then what the hell is going on in my body? I’ve been working out more regularly, I’m more cautious of what I eat (avoiding bad carbs and trying to stick to the foods that those following a hypoglycemic diet are supposed to follow) and my episodes have been a bit less. In other words, when they hit they don’t hit nearly as hard nor as often.

And my test results are within normal limits. Seriously? In fact, I got the same letter twice. Is she going to make me call in again, spend another co-payment again to try and figure out what’s going on again? Couldn’t she have given me a call to figure something out … like if my stuff is all within normal limits why is this crap happening?

Grrrr….

The real good news is that Younger Boy hasn't spewed or smeared poop on the floor or vomited in a good couple of days. *Raises hands as a choir of heavenly angels sings from above* Thank goodness! Because I've totally hit my quota of poop and vomit for the year in my opinion.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hate to bust your bubble...i dont' think we as mom's get a poop/puke limit ;) And i think that is totaly part of the reason I procrastinate with Dr.s too...I do not have the time/money to spend just to hear "everything looks good" Do you think i'd be here if everything was good! Good luck!

Crys said...

Ahh Man!!! I can hope though, right?!? And that is totally the reason I don't like going in. Every time I finally do I always am told I'm good. Blah!

Minnie said...

I'm with JustMe. Don't jinx yourself, everytime you think you're done, and that there isn't any more poo or puke in the world that could possibly make it to your toilet, floor, clothes, or even your tub, one of them will get sick. TRUST ME on this.

With regard to your medical issues, and I hate to say this, but keep in mind that stress (aware of it or not) takes a massive toll on one's body.

Yo said...

great news!!

and i pooped on the couch.

Mrs M said...

Crys - I'm with Just me and Minnie on the poo and puke front!

As for your tests, my last lot of bloods came back 'normal', but honey I am far from well physically and mentally. Sometimes you need to look at the obvious issues to find an answer - any chance you are totally and utterly exhausted and stressed?

Morocco said...

Perhaps it is just stress causing the changes in your body.

Anonymous said...

So I haven't had a chance to talk to you to see how you're doing. I hope better. Is it stress-related? You know better than anyone else if it is. If it's not, get back in touch with the doctor. Don't settle for "within normal limits." Also, don't be afraid to go to a new doctor for a second opinion. Yes, it's a giant pain, but your health and well-being are more important than ever now. Keep me updated!