Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Warm Fuzzies

My beautiful friend Rachael tagged me, and I thought, “Heck, why not. It could do for some good, positive introspection.” I’m supposed to list the 5 things I'm thankful for and 7 things about myself.

Things I'm Thankful For …
1. My family and friends. I'm thankful for their support, love and lessons.
2. My life experiences. Good or bad, horrifying or amazing they have shaped me into the woman I am today and will continue to help shape me into the woman I will become.
3. My memories of growing up in a multi-ethnic household. [I'm Filipino, German, Native American, Mexican, English with some Russian.] Between the food and the fun, I am thankful that I grew up not knowing racial lines or seeing people as different colors but as who they are.
4. My ability to cook and know my way around the spice rack. I have made some really tasty dishes, and continue to surprise myself in my ability to create delicious feasts for the family.
5. Ice cream and cheesecake. They are sinfully delicious on my tongue and I don’t give a damn what they do to my thighs.

7 Things About Myself
1. I love nature, especially being out in the California redwoods. There is nothing more calming then sitting out breathing in the smell of the forest and hearing the sounds of the forest. And the beauty in a single orchid (my favorite flower) steals my breath away.
2. I have lived in 20 different places, so far, in my 27 years of life.
3. I love the Winnie-the-Pooh ride at Disneyland and watching the movie. I get all giddy and giggly like a 7 year old.
4. I used to dance ballet when I was younger (11 years) and aspired to be a prima ballerina. That obviously didn’t happen, but I still love to go to the theatre to watch a show.
5. I am an amazingly strong woman – in heart and soul. No matter how much it hurts, I always pull myself back up and head back into the game.
6. I read in a nice warm bubble bath. And I’ve only dropped one book so far in the past 17 years that I’ve been doing it.
7. I like to travel. I love visiting new places (and old) – especially to see the culture and have a taste of the culture.

No comments: