Friday, August 22, 2008

Change Is Warm, Fuzzy And Strange

I noticed today, that my photos have changed. And it almost seemed to be one of those "I woke up this morning and realized..." things. And I don't mean me personally, but just the theme and people in them. My college photos are in the beginning...the parties, the themed parties, the crazy fun times. Following that are the after college party days. At the bar on a pub crawl, at a random party, still crazy but in a surprisingly more mature and sophisticated matter. And now, the photos are of the kids...some of me and the boyfriend...some of the cat...but mainly the kids.

When did that happen?!?

Not that it's a bad thing, but it's strange to say the least. Pleasant and warm and fuzzy, but strange.

I guess it's a part of that big change that I'm just in the beginning stages of. I was at lunch with my editor today and she kind of just sat back and said, "You've got a lot of stuff coming up that you're going to be dealing with. A lot of change."

It made me think of how some of my friends are taking this change in my life. Some of them are absolutely shocked. I mean jaw-dropping-silent shocked. Others are letting it soak in...slowly but surely, letting it soak in. With them I have to explain things two or three times. And they're slowing piecing it together. And then there are the parents and siblings. Who of course, have us already practically married in their minds.

I'm not sure where I'm at. I'm floating along, getting a major reality check thrown at me out of no where. I eventually catch it...but it leaves me sort of stunned. It's like getting hit in the stomach with a ball when you're looking the other way.

A lot of the changes are things that I know are happening, that I have to focus on happening. And others...well they just happen and then you wake up one morning and realize they're there.

I wonder what else has changed that I have yet to notice...and what else is just waiting in the shadows to leap out at me yelling "Surprise! Guess What!"

Warm, fuzzy and strange all at the same time. I can't really complain...despite the strange I'm the happiest and feel the most complete than I've ever felt before. Ick...how sappy do I sound. I'll just leave it as above...warm fuzzies and strange.

1 comment:

Patiently waiting said...

Falling in love with someone who has kids brings a lot of changes fast. Some are hard to get used to and some just seem natural. Just hang in there and follow your heart no matter what.