Thursday, January 28, 2010

Little Minds Are Amazing

I may have missed out on all the of baby related things of having a child but I am so thankful to be here now. I’ve seen Older Boy develop a love for books, I’ve seen Middle Boy learn how to read and spell and tie his shoes, and as you may recall I’ve been working with Younger Boy on learning letters and spelling.

He amazed me again yesterday. I finally got him that second set of magnetic letters for the refrigerator. Yesterday he was at it spelling words left and right. And then he asked me “Does this spell Caterpillar?”

I walked over and this is what I saw: KATRPLLER



Not only was I amazed that he had attempted such a long word by himself, but he actually had used the phonetic sounds to try and spell it. I was so proud.

I told him the letters of how to really spell it and even showed him the “cat” in “caterpillar” since he already knew how to spell cat.

These little minds simply are amazing to me. I’m very excited to see what else he has picked up.

8 comments:

*Marie* said...

Bright Boy! You're such a good mama =)

Stepped in H-E Double L said...

Yeah for you and the little man! Our school encourages kids to spell words how they sound if they don't know how to spell them. It helps them to feel confident in reading and writing.

Anonymous said...

OMG that's too cutre

dragonflymama said...

Hey that's a good start to spelling! Good for him:)

Anonymous said...

Aww, so cute! I hope you're feeling better!

Eyes Wide Open said...

That is so cool! Beware: when he gets older, being that smart will no longer be cute!

Morocco said...

How cute! He is really learning--keep working with him.

Smirking Cat said...

Aw, how great! I have been helping one of my stepdaughters learn to read, and I am amazed how quickly she picks up multi-syllable words.