Thursday, May 7, 2009

Blog Lovin!

So I have received quite a few awards in my time blogging. And I haven’t been the best at following the trend of the awards. So before I go into it, I’d like to say to all of you that have given me a blog award, “Thank you! I’m really appreciative that you feel my blog is worth sharing. And I feel honored.”

With that said, I have at least three awards to recognize.

I’m a recipient of the Lemonade Award



A big thank you to Kweenmama, a fellow step mom, who not only is an inspiration that things will move along as my boys get older, but also shares so many great links and ideas!

What you are asked to do if you win this award:

1. Put the logo on your blog or post. (Check!)

2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show attitude and/or gratitude.

3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post. (Done)

4. Let them know they have received this award by commenting on a post. (damn, you’ll see this when I post it, right?)

5. Link to this blog. (OK, I kind of suck since this is old, so I’ll just link to your blog again)

To my Lemonade Awards go to:
Meesha – Stepmother Revolution
I recently started following her blog and I really enjoy it. She asks the questions and gets me thinking. As stated in her about me: “this blog is about how to be a happier, less frustrated one (stepmom) by rethinking the role.”

Minnie – Their Wicked Stepmother
I love Minnie. Her relayed stories of her bio mom crack me up and remind me of the town I grew up in. Plus her encouragement that the rough times now pay off in the long run keeps my heart hopeful.

Just Me :) – The Tightrope of My Life
Somehow she and I seem to experience similar reality checks/situations. Hrm...maybe we're connected somehow. He he.

I have also received the I *Heart* Your Blog Award



Another big thank you to Smirking Cat, another fellow step mom, who writes entries that often make me think and reflect. And she likes cats and shares stories about her cats. What fellow cat owner doesn’t love that?

The rules of this blog award are:

1. Post the love award on your site (Check!)

2. Link back to the person who sent you the love (Done)

3. Pass it on to a handful of blogs you love by letting them know you've passed the buck to them and linking to their sites-keep the love flowing and read on!

My I *Heart* Your Blog Awards go to:
Full of Boys
A Fellow stepmom in a home full of boys, she’s always got great tips to share and ideas that I really want to try out.

Rachael at One UNBELIEVABLE Adventure!
She is another woman who I hold dear to my heart who is off on an adventure in another country learning to find her way.

Morocco and Rhonda at Full Moon
Their experiences touch my heart and my soul. I’m really thankful that I checked out their blog in the first place (Thanks Yo for introducing me to them!)

And I’ve also received the Friend's Award



This I received from fellow Midwesterner through transplant (and I say that with love) Heather over at Comparative Childhood. I’ve really enjoyed getting to know Heather through her posts and reflecting on some of her “sometimes controversial” topics. Bluntly I really appreciate her opinions on things in life.

This award is given to the writers of blogs that "are exceedingly charming.” These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers.

What to do: Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award. (Here they come)

My Friend’s Awards go to:

Laura Lee – Tenacious Me
LL is one of my dear friends that I trust with my blog, a fellow bride and editor, and inspires me to (one of these days) start writing down ongoing goals!

Yo (aka I change my pants while driving) – Write On Yo
I love Yo. Her love for wine, humor and personality are like a magnetic pull each day. She writes as she thinks and that’s really not a bad thing.

4 comments:

Yo said...

heyy!!! just what i needed!! thank you for your awesome words :D

you're a doll, my wine sista.

Morocco said...

Girl, thanks for the love! Stick out your hand because it's coming right back atcha!

Meesha said...

Why thank you so much, that really means a lot to me :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Crystal! I'm sorry that I just noticed this post. I feel very honored to be included in your awards!