Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Basketball Star

I meant to share this yesterday, but you know how life goes. Your work computer breaks then you have to wait for them to overnight you a new one, and then you have to assemble it and redo all your shortcuts and bookmarked links, and before you know it the work day is over and you have to cook dinner. Geez … anyway ... sharing time!

Do the males in your life enjoy shooting garbage into the garbage can? You know basketball style … because mine do. And usually if it’s some wadded up paper I don’t have an issue with it – until Tuesday.

You’re going to love this. I promise.

Younger Boy did a walk by Tuesday informing me “I have to go poop.” He’s still telling me that he needs a wipe, in which I respond with “OK, You know how to wipe yourself.” We’ve developed a sort of step-by-step procedure.

Step One: Wipe
Step Two: Put dirty toilet paper in toilet.
Step Three: Wipe again just to make sure
Step Four: Put dirty toilet paper in toilet
Step Five: Pull up underwear and pants
Step Six: Flush toilet
Step Seven: Wash hands with soap.

I usually try to make it over there during the second wipe just to make sure that he’s getting it all. (And he’s been really good about getting it all too!) However when I wandered over there I got a great surprise. I peered around the corner just in time to watch Younger Boy shooting Poop Wads into the toilet.

I kid you not – the kid wiped, stood up, backed up across the bathroom floor, and threw a poop wad free throw over toward the toilet bowl. Except he missed! I kind of cringed as I imagined all the possible poop smears that I haven’t cleaned up yet. I also wondered where my Clorox Anywhere had gone to so that I could effectively clean up any poop smears or germs that ricocheted off the rim of the toilet bowl.

I couldn’t help it, but I had to end that practice of shooting poop wads into the toilet. Step Two and Step Four have now been revised to “Drop dirty toilet paper in toilet,” and luckily (as far as I know) Younger Boy has been complying.

I’ve considered drawing out these steps and taping them up on the bathroom wall to help him remember. (He’s still a little fuzzy on the washing hands with soap part.) I’ve yet to tell my fiancĂ© about this incident. I keep forgetting, but hey, now he can read about it!

I’m wondering what other fun things Younger Boy has up his sleeve in terms of mystery bathroom activities.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my favorite bathroom shenanigans would be how the oldest two manage to bring every drop of water OUT of the shower/bathtub with them! My bathroom floor is so when they get done that you would think they are pointing the shower head out of the shower...hum...now that I actually said that I have not effectively ruled that out...hum...we shall start stalking shower time again to see :) Good luck! I'm sure YB has many more tricks up his sleeve :)

dearjenn said...

I just love that I can always come here and find a good potty story and someone to commiserate with!

So far I don't have any exciting poop stories- still trying to get that potty training thing down though so no doubt there will be some to come!