Thursday, January 29, 2009

He Makes Me So Proud!

While potty-training Younger Boy we made the mistake of allowing him to plop down on the floor to 1) Before going to take off his pants/underwear and 2) After going to put on his pants/underwear. I say mistake because 1)It was a pain when going out because he insisted on doing this and I always had to insist that he not. Come on, it's a public bathroom floor! Ewww. 2)It was a pain having to wait on him to take his clothes all off and put them all back on again when trying to go pick up the older boys from school, and 3)It got kind of gross (poop stamps and cat litter spewed across the floor is all I have to say).

So lately I have been trying to tail him there to remind him (teach him) how to pull his pants down around his ankles instead.

Me: Stand on the stool. Turn Around. And pull down your pants.
YB: And my underwear, and sit down!

This is the conversation we have daily … about five to nine times daily. Sometimes I omit the “Turn Around” because as he progresses he does it automatically.

Last night he goes running across the living room telling us he has to go potty. As he goes running by I call out:

Me: Stand on the stool!
YB: And pull my pants down. And my underwear.

Little did he know I was tailing him. Just to make sure. It has occurred before that he gets there and plops his butt down on the floor getting ready to pull everything off and I intercept the play and get him up on the stool.

I peeked around the corner and saw him place the stool in front of the toilet, get up on it and pull his pants down. Can I tell you how proud I was, I admit I teared up a bit. I turned around and went back to my fiancé and our intense game of Uno.

Me: *sarcastic fake sniff* He makes me so proud.
FH: Did he use the stool without you having to tell him to.
Me: Yes!

So proud. My bathroom floor is on its way to being safe and free of poop stamps … maybe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't it funny what makes gets you excited now. Tell YB if he wants to teach Flick how it's done I’d be really appreciative!

Yo said...

yaayyyyy!! poop stamps, that's hilarious. i mean, for me. because they're on your floor.

hey, ramona is 7 and still has trouble wiping her bum. she won't accept help and five minutes after using the bathroom is picking at her bum. it's annoying. just an fyi.

Mrs M said...

Oh, I remember the poop stamps - thankyou for reminding me I've it all to come again with Dora!

Minnie said...

Ah, It's the little things.

Here's to you!