Friday, September 17, 2010

Proud of My Husband

I guess a positive and a downfall is that I’m always looking for the positive in people - except for the likes of Kobe and Derek Jeter. Otherwise, even in Jane I have some faith in to one day be a decent human being.

She actually had set a new record for herself this year. She was consistently seeing the boys for a dinner date once a week. She had even been taking all three of them overnight about once a month or so. It got to the point that I stopped wondering when she was going to cancel on them because I really figured that maybe she had grown up a bit and started to grasp that Motherhood responsibility thing.

Then two weeks ago she cancelled. She didn’t give a reason, she just cancelled…the day of. Then last week she called up FH trying to cancel. At first her excuse was that they were having car trouble. And I’m very proud of FH because he said “No,” and said that even if she didn’t come the boys were still going to go visit at her mom’s house. Then she tried to throw in that her ear had been bleeding the night before. FH again said ‘No, we have a date night planned.”

Low and behold, when we got to Jolie’s house there parked out front was Jane’s car. We were pleasantly surprised (actually shocked) because we figured she was just going to be a no show.

We had a fabulous date night but then she really pissed me off again when she asked FH if Older Boy could come stay the night on Friday. And Middle Boy could come too if he wanted. And again, Younger Boy got dissed with no invite.

FH called her back later that night with the message that perhaps she ought to take Older Boy and Younger Boy this weekend, and to relay more info involving Middle Boy’s medical bills (that’s a whole other post).

To her credit she actually called back a day or so later and said it was fine with her if Younger Boy went over there instead. It still pissed me off, but at least she was willing to take him.

Anyway, I’m proud of my husband. My husband two years ago might have been willing to bend over and let her have her way without argument. But he’s been standing up to her lately and I like it.

Baby Update: As of right now that little baby is still trying to kick her way out. She hasn’t quite figured out that is not how you get out of there. I’m 38 weeks and oh so ready to be done. I’ll keep you all updated on whenever I actually leave to go into labor. The due date is September 29th so basically she’s coming whenever she’s good and ready.

And for those who enjoy a good visual, and aren't a friend on Facebook, here is the baby bump at 38 weeks.


8 comments:

D said...

Yay for belly pictures! You look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on almost being there

LuckyNo27 said...

Purple is such a good color for a big belly :)

Anonymous said...

yay! for baby!

Anonymous said...

Yay for baby, but even more yay for husbands that set firm boundaries - it's gonna make your new addition much easier to navigate if you don't have to worry about him letting Jane call the shots all the time.

Congratulations to all of you!

Anonymous said...

Cute baby bump!

And I am so glad FH is standing up to Jane. It took awhile for my hubby to stand up to his ex too, but now he does and it is so much better!

Smirking Cat said...

I love the picture! Can't wait to see baby pictures!

dragonflymama said...

Awesome! I'm glad hubby is standing up to her and being strong. That always makes me feel more secure when the King stands up to voldy. And I can't wait to see pix of your little one! Hang in there, she'll be out soon:)