Monday, February 22, 2010

Grasping “Manners”

We babysat our nephew and niece this past Saturday and on the way back to their house we heard the funniest conversation between our nephew and Middle Boy.

For some background info:
  • Middle Boy is two months older than Nephew J.
  • Middle Boy and Nephew J are very competitive with each other. They’re always trying to get the one up on the other.
  • Nephew J is a really sweet kid but definitely doesn’t have the structure that Middle Boy has been introduced to.

Back to inside the car. Nephew J and Middle Boy are in the back seat talking about things they do at home.

NJ: I can play my video games whenever I want. Can you?
MB: We don’t get to play video games every day.
NJ: I never ask my mom or dad if I can play video games. I play them whenever I want.
MB: You must have bad manners!

I had to keep my chuckling under wraps, luckily I was in the front seat of the mini van and there was a row of seats in-between us. I was both amused and proud of Middle Boy. At least he’s starting to get a grasp on the whole “manners” thing.

4 comments:

*Marie* said...

That's great! And even better that it was totally kid induced =)

Minnie said...

Not only is that too cute, but a super credit to your parenting skills

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you and what you've taught Middle Boy!

Yo said...

that's so awesome :)