Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Exhausted Excitement

I don’t know how I manage some days. My days seem non-stop between being the Mom Taxi, the Mother of an infant, nursing her, making her homemade baby food, making dinners, making sure the kids do their stuff, nagging FH to make sure Jane sees the boys, and working a full time job on top of it. Oh yes, and being a cat lady. We must not forget Nasty Cat.

I have a real respect for single mothers. If I’m this exhausted and I have a spouse to help out I can’t imagine what it’s like to go at it alone. Although I think three kids and infant must be exhausting to anyone with a pulse.

In short – Baby J is teething. Those cute little nubs of tooth have made their way through the gums and are continuing to make my days something else.

And

Baby J is now mobile. By mobile I mean she is flying across the carpet. She went from face-planting it wobbly first movements to “smooth as butter” in a matter of four days. I told Nasty Cat he has better start running now because she’s going to catch up with him.

And now, I’m proud to present to you My Exhuasted Excitement:



6 comments:

Amy said...

Raising 4 kids isn't easy no matter how much help you have. As soon as you're out numbered, it becomes a whole different ball game.

Have fun chasing after your wee one. Next is walking and climbing and getting into everything. ; )

perdido said...

yes being a single mother is VERY hard but you are also going above and beyond the bar of most mothers - making baby food and nursing - I don't know how you have time for anything else!!! LOL

You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, how the hell are you even staying awake to drive? See? Video?

You're unreal. Homemade baby food?

But seriously, is it legal to be that cute?

Anonymous said...

She is to precious! Keep up the good/rewarding/hard work ;) I nearly passed out with exhaustion on your behalf!

dearjenn said...

Crys I can't believe she is already crawling!! Where has time gone?

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! I can't believe how big she's gotten. I know I've said it a million times before, but you really are a Supermom!